Monday, August 18, 2008

Chik is 8 today




Eight years ago today, our family welcomed Chik as our latest addition. It had been more than 4 years since the last baby and his arrival was eagerly and lovingly awaited. He arrived as the call for Asar prayers were heard. A healthy baby boy, alhamdullillah.

As a baby, Chik was easy to look after. I was without a helper at that time (the new girl ran away in the middle of the night after only 3 weeks, and left the 2 kids by themselves as A and I were out having supper with friends - but that's another story) and after a temporary helper during my confinement, we were on our own. Girl and Abang were in kindy and so Chik was my constant companion. He'd sit in his bassinet/rocker/baby seat while I went about with the chores. He also spent a lot of time in the car with me coz I'd have to take him everytime I go out. He'd sleep peacefully in his car seat as I drove to pick up Girl and Abang or went to get the groceries. Till today, Chik can't help but fall asleep the moment he gets into the car, even if it's a short ride to Uwan/Atok or Tok Ma/Tok Pa's house!

Chik is also the sanguine in the family. He's always cheerful and sunny and is constantly chattering away (sometimes to Girl and Abang's annoyance) He takes a long time to finish his meals (to Mama's annoyance!) but he's very kind and thoughtful. Nowdays he has J as his shadow and eventhough sometimes they get on each others nerves, they are such good pals, it warms mama's heart.

He says that he wants to be a scientist/doctor when he grows up. Mama just prays that Allah grants him the best. May he always be in Allah's blessings and may he always be guided on the right path. Amin

Happy 8th birthday precious Chik!

4 comments:

shaz said...

Lala,
Happy birthday to your Chik, cutenya masa baby.
Menakutkan your story on the maid who ran n left your kids. Thank God, they were ok.
So can I put a link in my blog to yours?

4theprecious4 said...

Go ahead and link :)
It was definitely scary re the helper. Nasib baik my Angah lives nearby and could rush over as we made our way back. And that Girl could remember our HP numbers.

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday to you dearest Chik too. Real cute baby.

4theprecious4 said...

Thanks chegu! Takes after his....Papa!